Cloudlifter CL-1 Mic Activator. "The Cloud Microphones Cloudlifter CL-1 Mic Activator offers up to +25db of ultra-clean gain, for passive microphones, inline using phantom power. There are certain mics revered for their sound quality. Among them are passive ribbon mics, such as the Royer R121 (#581141 or MXL R40 (#H69305), and low-sensitibity dynamic mics, such as the Shure SM7B (#270247) and the Electro-Voice RE20 (#270009). But if your preamp doesn't have enough gain or the right impedance requirements, these mics won't perform well. So what do you do if you can't afford a high-end preamp with tons of gain? The Cloud Microphones Cloudlifter CL-1 Mic Activator is the solution. The Cloudlifters address problems due to gain and impedance requirments by giving passive microphone signals a major inline boost, up to +25db of ultra-clean gain, while properly loading the microphones' transformer for transparent operation. The Cloudlifter CL-1 is self contained, driven only by the phantom power from your mixer or preamp. Ideal for dynamics and ribbons alike, the CL-1 turns phantom power into the extra gain required for using passive microphones. The immediate dose of extra gain can make even a budget microphone/preamp combination sound clean and professional. For broadcasting and live sound, the active output signal of the CL-1 can prevent added noise over long cable runs. With endless uses, Cloudlifters are quickly becoming a standard addition to professional, project and home studios. Read what the pros are saying about the Cloudlifter: ""It's simply about gain - the Cloudlifter is a clever and useful solution..."" - Rob Tavaglione, Pro Audio Review February 2010 ""The Cloudlifter is a winner. It solves problems some ribbon-mic owners don't even know they have. It does exactly what it claims to do, and does so well."" - Matthew Mcglynn, Recording Hacks February 2010 "
Features & Highlights
- Uses phantom power to give passive mics (mainly used for dynamic and ribbon mics) up to +25dB without passing phantom power on to mic.
- Easy to use self contained design requires only phantom power to work. **Does not use phantom power to power mics.
- Recommended for use with all passive dynamic microphones
- Compatible with tube, battery, or power supply driven microphones - Safe for all passive ribbons with no transfer of phantom
- Does not power the mics themselves using phantom power (That is not what this is designed for). Instead, place the cloudlifter at the front of your dynamic mic, then hit it with phantom power and your basic mic (even an SM58 style mic) will shine like never before.
|Item Weight:||0 pounds|
|Item Size:||4 x 2 x 2 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.8 pounds|
|Package Size:||4.29 x 2.28 x 2.28 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Cloud Microphones, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.